Happy New Year

I can't believe that 2008 is round the corner. It just seems like only yesterday when I celebrated 2007's arrival. If I'm not mistaken, I remember expressing the same thoughts last year, the year before and the one before that. It appears that each year passes so quickly that even before we are able to catch our breath... another new year celebration is round the corner.

So a very happy new year to all of you who read my blog, and many blessings to all of you in the coming year.

May the year ahead be filled with peace on earth, happiness at a deeper level, desires fulfilled, goals achieved and dreams realised... may you have wonderful relationships with people you interact with, and may you find time to be a blessing to those you meet.

And let me end my new year greeting with these words of St.Paul that helped and inspired me in the year that has gone by. These words provided me with an incentive to love people like I've never loved before, and to do so with a different set of paradigm that proved to be life affirming and empowering experience. Besides with the kind of terrorism rampant in the world today, insane war mongering that goes on and senseless assasinations of political leaders, I felt that this passage is that much more relevant and necessary in the context of current news and events.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails

Not sure if love is the answer for 2008, but hey, it could be the necessary first step.

Comments

Ammaro said…
it passed by so quickly! happy new year to you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR
been missing chatting to you
Ashish Gorde said…
Dont miss. Just chat :)

Popular Posts