Citi-rant

Someone's gotta say it, and it better be me.

Something must be done about the queue in Citibank's Manama branch. It's not the standing in line that bothers me or the lack of proper space that aggravates me though these two factors do rankle a bit. But there's something else that's really and positively annoying.

I don't know how to put it more gently, but let me try anyway. I can't understand why some people just enjoy standing right behind anyone who's withdrawing cash, peering at their screen and then nonchalantly asking, if everything's ok.

Now if everything was not ok, I would do the rightful thing by contacting support or holler at the security guy and tell him the machine is not working. But do I really need 'help' from someone who's only interest in life is to check my 'available balance'?

If this had happened once or twice, I could understand if you think I'm over-reacting, but this seems to happen regularly especially when there is a long queue... now I don't know if some people believe surreptitiously checking someone's available balance is a fine way of killing time and boredom while standing in line, but hey, I don't like it.

The other day while withdrawing cash I had this man standing right behind me looking very curious, and I had to tell him to back off... he simply stared at me very blankly, smiled like a toad and walked away. Alright, let me clarify. I wasn't very blunt while asking him to back-off but I tried to be cheeky and asked him if the ATM booth was an amusement centre. I don't know if he got the sarcasm but thankfully he did back off.

Anyway, I just had to let off steam here, and I feel a lot better now. Excuse me while I go and withdraw some cash... :-)))

Comments

Popular Posts